Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Paradox of Negativity & Betting the Over

This experiment is somewhat tainted by a Paradox of Negativity:

- If I "win" my bets it sort of stings that I didn't actually bet on it

- If I "lose" my bets there is a sense of Relief, but it comes from how much I suck at picking games

And I don't want to suck at picking games.

*****

Betting on the Over is fun. All game you're like Go Baby Go! First Down! Touchdown! Go FOR TWO YOU BASTARDS! You're pushing and pushing all game for any points and you'll settle for a field goal and still be smiling and Hoping as you go to the fridge during commercial.

Betting the under is trying to hold it all back. Yes, a sack. Sweet, a three-and-out. It's rooting for the most boring three hours of your life. Gambling is Fun and that's a reason to gamble. Making an unfun bet goes against the spirit of Chance. Forget the under.

No comments:

Post a Comment