Wednesday, May 18, 2011

DL of Life

The wise and powerful Amanda said this morning,

"Thinking about Lackey, wishing I could put myself on the DL..."

I thought this was a novel concept, worth sharing with the world.

My official response is below:

"An amazing concept. 15 days in Florida to relax, get healthy, work out, and hone your craft. By yourself. Let the team carry the weight while you're gone. Call someone up from the minors to cover as much as they can. I would love to be on the DL."

2 comments:

  1. I am taking 1.5 hours on the DL. Stolen time. Using it to do laundry, clean, call nursing homes. Groundwork for the team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about it like that. I came up with 1,500 things I could with 15 straight days off.

    But that's not what the Disabled List is about.

    If you were really on the disabled list then you wouldn't be allowed to do those things. Ryan Kalish might get some time on the laundry, get a power guy like Lars Anderson to clean the house and you need a veteran to handle the phone call to the nursing home, maybe a sturdy journeyman like Dan Wheeler...

    ReplyDelete